**PRE-REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY & MUST BE COMPLETE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE EVENT. ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-UPS ALLOWED.**
What To Bring
- Yoga Mat*
- Water Bottle (water refills & other beverages + snacks available on site)
- Firm Blanket**
- Anything else you need to be comfortable (i.e. pillow, bolster, strap/belt, snacks, a friend, eye pillow)
*There will be yoga mats and blankets available to borrow that have been washed & sanitized. These will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
What is a Cacao Ceremony?
A cacao ceremony is a type of shamanic healing, but it doesn’t have hallucinogenic or “out of body” effects, unlike some other shamanic experiences. The cacao ceremony is rooted in helping to re-balance the energies within us and restore good health.
During the ceremony, we will connect with the plant medicine and the nature surrounding us. This will be followed by a brief meditation + yoga and conclude with a fire and dance to allow the plant medicine to fully flow through your body.
The plant medicine is harvested by indigenous communities in Guatemala. This medicine aims to open the heart and allow love to flow freely through the mind, body, and soul. Cacao has been shown to have health benefits that include:
- reduced inflammation
- reduced heart disease risk
- lowers blood pressure
- reduces the risk for diabetes
- provides an excellent source for flavanoids, proteins, iron, potassium, and fiber.