Our Kashi Blend is a diverse grain bokashi. We hand-mix, ferment, and dry on our four-acre farm in Delta, Colorado. This specialty blend includes organic molasses, organic rice bran, organic camelina meal, organic wheat bran, organic insect frass, EM-1, and trace minerals. Post-fermentation: Powdered malted barley and biochar charged with high-nitrogen amino acids and Rootwise Mycrobe Complete.
- COMPOST ACCELERATOR: Growing Organic’s Kashi Blend helps you compost your food scraps, including meat and dairy, faster than standard composting methods. By the end, you can amend your soil with nutrient-rich bokashi compost.
- MICROBIAL SOIL BUILDER: Bokashi is full of beneficial bacteria. These bacteria aid in breaking down nutrients in the soil for bigger plants and larger harvests. Simply top dress your garden or indoor plants with this specialty soil additive to start gaining the benefits.
- ODOR ELIMINATOR: The microorganisms within bokashi not only help break down food quickly for your compost but can also help eliminate odors such as from your cat’s litter box or chicken coop.
- HOW IT WORKS: Bokashi incorporates the principles of inoculated fermentation. The inputs used to make bokashi have loads of enzymes and antioxidants that the beneficial bacteria thrive off of. Thus, leaving a product packed full of beneficial microorganisms ready to break down nutrients. Whether you use it in the soil, compost food waste, or reduce pet waste odors.
- ZERO WASTE PACKAGING: Growing Organic’s specialty bokashi is packaged in a 100% organic cotton sack with a compostable interior liner. This ensures that nothing goes to waste when you purchase from us!
- As a top dress: For each square foot of growing space, add a third of a cup of pure bokashi every two weeks
- As a soil additive when building soil: Use 1/2 lb of bokashi for every 9 cubic feet of soil you’ll be building or re-amending
- As a compost accelerator: Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of bokashi atop your food waste in a bokashi composting set up every couple of inches of food waste that is accumulated.
Storage & Warnings:
- If you want to use bokashi to brew teas, we highly recommend you do not brew the tea for more than 12 hours for maximum microbe diversity.
- Store in a cool & dark place at room temperature, 68ºF to 86ºF (20ºC-30ºC) and out of direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes or open wounds.
- Not for human consumption.