Our Quinoa Fermented Extract is a liquid fertilizer formulated to
- aid in soil life with lactic acid bacteria,
- reduce plant energy requirements through amino acids,
- and increase overall plant health
Our quinoa is sprouted and dried before milling on stone mills into flour. It is then fermented in small batches on our farm using multiple species of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) and molasses to effectively break down the sprouted and milled quinoa seed. Through this process, the nutrients and beneficial properties of the quinoa become readily available in liquid form. Therefore, when you apply the fermented extract by spraying the foliage or drenching the soil, the plants can uptake it immediately.
With 21 free amino acids present in this ferment, based on lab testing, your plants will have everything they need to build vital proteins. Plus, with amino acids readily available your plants can decrease their energy requirements.
Why Use Sprouted Quinoa Ferment?
Raw quinoa naturally contains a variety of nutrients that are beneficial to plant health – most notably amino acids that are responsible for protein development. To improve the nutritional availability of these amino acids as well as other nutrients, when making our Sprouted Quinoa Ferment we take the additional step of sprouting our quinoa first before it is dried and milled into flour. This allows for maximum extraction of quinoa’s bounty when the flour is then fermented and transformed into a liquid extract.
We use lactic acid bacteria in our Sprouted Quinoa Ferment because not only do these beneficial microbes love to eat infectious bacteria and fungi, but they are also responsible for making the breakdown of the sprouted quinoa possible.
Sprouted Quinoa Ferment should be used to help promote diverse microbial life in your soil and optimal protein development, increasing your plants’ growth potential and overall health, and protecting them from disease and invasive species. When your soil is full of a diverse array of plentiful beneficial bacteria, your crops will grow stronger and will develop better natural immunity from disease and infestation. Check out our article on Beneficial Indigenous Microorganisms for more information on how beneficial bacteria is key to your plant’s health.
Benefits of Sprouted Quinoa Ferment
Sprouted Quinoa Ferment extract encourages optimal plant growth and general health in a multitude of ways, including:
- The wide array of nutrients naturally present in quinoa makes for a nutritionally-diverse soil additive.
- Sprouting the quinoa prior to fermentation improves the bioavailability of these nutrients, resulting in a liquid extract that is easily applied, readily absorbed, and efficiently utilized by your plants.
- The lactic acid bacteria introduces beneficial microbial life to your soil, providing plants with another layer of protection against infection and invasive species.
- The 21 amino acids present in quinoa provide the building blocks for the production of protein, which is central to plant growth and crop production.
Use 1 oz – 4 oz of ferment per gallon of water. It can be used as a drench or foliar application.
Filtered Water, Organic Molasses, Organic Sprouted Quinoa, Lactic Acid Bacteria
Storage & Warnings:
- Store in a cool & dark place at room temperature, 68ºF to 86ºF (20ºC-30ºC) and out of direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes or open wounds
- Not for human consumption