All credit for this recipe goes to JADAM. If it was not for them, these ultra-low-cost farming practices would not be available and so widespread.
Please check out their books Jadam Organic Farming – The way to Ultra-Low-Cost agriculture and Jadam 100 Herbs – For Making Jadam Natural Pesticides.
Application Rate: Dilute 1 to 4 ounces per gallon of water. Mix well. Foliar spray on plants or add to your foliar fertilizer program. *Must be foliar sprayed
Ingredients: Filtered water, canola oil, potassium hydroxide
How to Make JWA At Home:
- Heat-Resistant Container with Air-Tight Lid
- Kitchen Scale
- Immersion Blender or Drill With Mixing Attachment
- Bowls for Weighing Out Inputs
- Potassium Hydroxide (KOH)
- Canola Oil
- Filtered Water
This recipe will make approximately 3.5 gallons of Wetting Agent.
- Measure out 400 grams of potassium hydroxide in a bowl and measure out 312.5 grams of filtered water.
- Pour the water into a heat-resistant-container. Then, measure out the potassium hydroxide and pour it into the water and immediately cover with a lid, as this is a caustic chemical reaction taking place. Swirl the container around to fully dissolve the potassium hydroxide.
- Measure out 76 fl. oz. of canola oil in a bowl. Pour the canola oil into the heat-resistant container with the potassium hydroxide solution.
- Using the blending tool, mix the solution until a thin mayonnaise consistency is formed.
- Place the lid on the container and allow it to sit for 3 days or until it becomes hard like butter. If it does not harden up, re-mix the solution with the blending tool.
- Add 84.5 fl. oz. of filtered water to the container and mix gently with the blending tool. Make sure all clumps are off the bottom and side of the container.
- Add an additional 253.6 fl. oz. of filtered water to the container. Stir manually.
- Place lid on the container and allow it to melt slowly for 24 hours and it will be complete. Store in a tightly sealed container. It has no expiration date.