Our Insect Frass Fermented Extract is a liquid fertilizer formulated to
- stimulate life in your soil,
- promote high-quality buds,
- and enhance crop growth organically.
It is fermented using lactic acid bacteria (LAB) and molasses to effectively break down the insect frass fibers. This allows for the nutrients and beneficial properties of the insect frass to be readily available. Therefore, when you apply the fermented extract by spraying the foliage or drenching the soil, the plants can uptake it immediately.
Why Insect Frass Fermented Extract?
Deciding to start fermenting insect frass was a logical progression of events for us. We already loved using insect frass as a top dress for its many benefits. However, we wanted those benefits to reach the plant more rapidly. Thus, we decided to formulate a fermented plant extract. Once we started to use it, we began seeing the same benefits as we did with a regular top dress. Plus, even more, due to the life added into the soil from the lactobacillus and bifidobacterium in the ferment!
Benefits of Insect Frass
Insect frass offers a wide variety of benefits. When fermented, these benefits are readily available for your garden to enjoy. Some of the benefits include:
- A balanced profile of nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium (3-2-3).
- One of the only sources of chitin. Chitin acts to strengthen plant cell walls and build their immune systems to protect against various pathogens.
- Contains the microbes from the guts of the insects.
Use 1 oz – 4 oz of ferment per gallon of water. Use as a drench or foliar application.
Filtered Water, Organic Molasses, Organic Insect Frass, Lactic Acid Bacteria
Storage & Warnings:
- Store in a cool & dark place at room temperature, 68ºF to 86ºF (20ºC-30ºC) and out of direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes or open wounds.
- Not for human consumption.